Everyone knows that exercise is important. But not everyone has the time or money to go to the gym. Of course, if you are willing to invest a little money, you could build a gym at home.
But what equipment should you get?
Well, CrossFit is an extremely popular workout strategy as it combines strength with agility and endurance for some of the most effective workouts you will ever find. As such, many people are also finding that it is a smart investment to put up Functional workout rigs by Platinum Rig in a central location, and opening a CrossFit gym themselves.
Ok, so what CrossFit equipment should you get?
It begins with something called a “central rig.” This is a foundation frame from which you can expand with more equipment later. There are a few different types of central rigs to choose from, depending upon the number of workouts you want to be able to do.
- the Central Rig 28/12/6 is among the largest central rig (28′ x 5′ x 12′) featuring 4 “muscle up” stations, 8 squat stations with Olympic bars, and the freedom to expand to 24 pull up spots
- The Central Rig 24/6 is the smallest central rig (24′ x 6′ x 10’6”). It features 6 squat stations, 8 wall ball spots, and at least 14 pull up stations (with an option for 10 more)
- the Central Rig 28/6 is similarly a smaller rig (28′ x 6′ x 9′) featuring space for as many as 24 pull up stations and 8 squat stations
- the Central Rig 28/15 (28′ x 9’6” x 15′) features 6 areas for Olympic rings or a rope climb, 6 squat positions, and 12 pull up stations
- the Central Rig 32/8 is also among the largest (32′ x 10′ x 8’6”) and features 8 Olympic bar mounts for squat or for bench positions, as well as up to 28 pull up stations and an additional 8 squat positions.
Obviously, no two gyms are created equally—even when it comes to franchises. As such, you can also consider alternative rigs for your home or for your garage. If you really want to save time over going to the gym or simply want private access to your own equipment, you can opt for these alternative rigs, too.
- The 38/4 Wall Rig (38′ x 9′ x 51′) can mount on the wall and provide you with 10 pull up stations and 5 squat positions
- The Hybrid Rig can be customized with various dimensions and workout equipment including: squat areas, irregular monkey bars, cargo net, mounted rope, pull up bars, and more.