People have to be more cautious while taking drugs or medicine as without proper knowledge of any prescription it can create sort of side effects on health. Well, any intake of medicine should have a proper prescription given by a doctor.
Well, the risk factor increases little more in this era of the online world. As people are more into the online pharmacy, the case of rogues also increases. But, today we are not discussing the advantages and disadvantages of online pharmacy as we are sharing some interesting funs facts about the pharmacy that you should know.
- We all love to drink a glass of Coca-Cola in parties, gathering or generally too while we are also familiar that it contains high sugar elements which are not good for health. But, do you know who invented Coca-Cola? It was invented by a pharmacist named John Pemberton who took the jug of the new product down the street to Jacob’s Pharmacy where it was tested.
- Glybera is the most costly drug which cost at a wholesale $1.21 million per year. It helps to repair lipoprotein lipase enzyme activity for the disease of lipoprotein lipase. Well, it is the rarest condition and only 1 million patients have this condition.
- Before the 1800s, you did not need a license to become a pharmacist but after that, it is mandatory to have a license. So, Louis Dufilho Jr. of New Orleans became American’s first licensed pharmacist.
- Various animal species are used for testing new medications. It is useful to test life-saving drugs. Animal uses for testing are mice, rats, rabbits, and monkeys.
- The drug is one of the most important things to save a life but,do you know- it can take up to 20 years to develop a new drug?